Wednesday 19 July 2017

Lagos Rains: A Calm After The Storm



A few days before my birthday (April 30th), I made the decision to document my personal style via my Instagram.
To know me is to know that this was taking me out of my comfort zone.
Waaaay out.

I like my privacy. Because I've worked in a mobile technology group, I'm well aware of how much information people are able to get about one's life from social media. It has made me wary of social sharing, online payments and anything that involves a username.
However, one of the things I learnt over the past one year is how transient life is and the importance of making the best use of one's time, doing the things that glorify God. I am at my best when I'm doing this which I believe, explains why I'm at my best when I'm designing fashion pieces or styling looks.
Its been over two months since i started this "sharing activity" and although I do not post everyday (I would love to.... but life 🤷🏾‍♀️), my outfit posts are still being updated regularly on Instagram.

Last week was the calm after the storm called Lagos rain. I was relived that the rains had stopped and I dressed up accordingly.









P.S. Am I the only one that finds it annoying when I spend a lot of money on "Aso-Ebi" only to never wear it again or wear it a few times to church on Sunday? It just seems as though a lot of money is being spent on these outfits and one gets a really high cost per wear. 
This thought prompted me to pair one of my old Aso-Ebi skirts with a chic white shirt.






I then rounded up the week makeup-free and stuffed at HSE cuisine in Lekki (What can I say, good food is always in style 😋).

Thank you for reading.
Love,
Tope.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm very tired of the asoebis in my box, I finally know what to do with the skirts....thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found this post useful, we've got to save these aso-ebi coins LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

© T. FOR TOPE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig