Wednesday 13 January 2016

Reflections: ELSEWHERE in Art Twenty One



 As I begin  the new year, I've been reflecting on past moments that really stood out for me as I navigated the cultural space in the city. One of such moments was my first visit to Art 21 last year to view "Elsewhere".

Art 21 is an art space located at Eko Hotels and Suites, Lagos. They are known within the Lagos art circuit for promoting mostly African and African born artists in their exhibitions. In August, I went to view their exhibition titled "Elsewhere" which was a group exhibition featuring 7 artists/art duos. The artists are:
  • Joseph Eze (Nigeria)
  •  Namsa Leuba (Switzerland)
  • Vincent Michea (France)
  • Abraham Oghobase (Nigeria)
  • Demola Ogunajo (Nigeria)
  • Paa Joe and  Jacob Tetteh-Ashong (Ghana)
  • Yarisal and Kublitz (Switzerland/Denmark)



 







  



































































Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of Abraham Oghobase's works (bummer because I really enjoyed viewing his works). However, a few weeks later I attended a photography exhibition at the Goethe Institut, Lagos which he did a great job of curating. You can view some of his works here


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

© T. FOR TOPE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig