Friday 27 September 2013

Bournemouth Diaries: Discovering new tastes


Hello! Baawo! Ndewo! Hola! Aloha! Salut! Shalom! Guten tag! (I googled them, I'm not that cool!) I'm so glad to be back on the blogosphere, I've missed a lot! Now that I'm settling into a routine, I just want to share a few pictures of food dishes and snacks I've tried, and found to be interesting. 
I had Lamb balti and nan(bread) for the first time; I'm in love with Indian food!

I didn't like this though

Caramel macchiato(yum!)

falafel, humus, taboule (Israeli/Lebanese dish)

No matter what country you're from, pizza is universally loved!


Got this from M&S, basically I can move to Belgium because of this! #lovebelgianwaffles

It was a tearful departure! #thelasttwostanding

Working on my blogposts

when I first saw this, I thought "naa I can cook" until I opened it and found out that I could only make 3 out of the 14 meals in the booklet! #neveroverestimate #britishdishes
The thing about coming to live in a place where the percent of black residents is estimated at about 1% of the population is that you'll probably not get a specialty store that sells your country's food ingredients. This has been a hard pill to swallow for most of my Nigerian (in fact African) friends here but I decided to take the opportunity to discover new cuisines and hopefully get some cool recipes. I've tried out a few dishes and snacks, I'm definitely going to try more, especially at restaurants. I haven't tried out any traditional English dish but I'm hoping the recipe booklet I got from the chaplaincy would help with that. In fact, in order to put some pressure on my lazy ass to make something,  I'll post a dish I've made from the book in eleven days (Mon. 7th October). I can't wait, till next time!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

© T. FOR TOPE. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig